- Number of the perfection, the infinity. In mathematics the symbol of the infinity is represented by a 8 laid down.
- It represents also the final point of the manifestation.
- In China, the 8 expresses the totality of the universe.
- Number of the balance and of the cosmic order, according to the Egyptians.
- The number eight corresponds to the New Testament, according to Ambroise.
- It is the symbol of the new Life, the final Resurrection and the anticipated Resurrection that is the baptism.
- Represent the earth, not in its surface but in its volume, since 8 is the first cubic number.
- The number 8 means the multiplicity, for the Japanese.
- A favorable number, associated to the prosperity.
One of the earliest meanings of the number eight that I can recall hearing was the aspect of breaking through, to open. No matter what you’ve heard, all the dynamics of the number 8 lend to positivity, whether you subscribe to numerology or not. It’s not so much that I do, however I definitely believe that there’s dynamics of relevance in all variables of philosophy.
Throughout our lives we’ve heard phrases using the number-8. Behind the eight ball; Eight ball corner pocket is common when playing pool; I could’ve had a V-8 is a popular slogan; Crazy Eights is a card game; and Eight is Enough was a popular TV show. As The Museum of UnCut Funk is growing exponentially, we’re currently fortunate to have eight people interested in joining our merry band of FUNK-A-TEERS as new writers for the site.
It is said that eight is a lucky number in Chinese culture. The image above is symbolic for luck in China. The Mandarin word for eight, ‘ ba’ sounds close to the word for wealth, ‘fa’. In Cantonese eight, ‘baat’ sounds like the word for fortune, ‘faat’. Thus many people believe eight is a number linked to prosperity. The Chinese try to get the number eight in phone numbers, addresses, even car license plates. The Beijing Olympics began on 8/8/08 at 8 seconds and 8 minutes past 8 pm.
And that’s the straight on the number-eight, nothing too deep, just one for those that may pass through to think about.